Thursday, November 14, 2013

Week 5

After a period of life and movement, my microaquarium is now pretty desolate. Water has evaporated out of the top of the aquarium, leaving a dry area holding absolutely nothing. The rest of the aquarium is full of dead organisms. I saw a few diatoms similar to the rectangular ones I found in the past weeks, but they were all dead (Vinyard 1979). There were also multiple dead amoebas (Jahn 1944). The only prevalent life form noticeable were anisomena (Patterson 2003). From the lower middle to the bottom of the aquarium, anisonema are thriving. At the very bottom of the tank, anisonema are everywhere and moving very quickly. Lots of small, random dead organisms line the aquarium floor. The only other life I saw was a colpidium or two (Fischer 1996). The diptera larva has grown immensely in the past five weeks (Rainis 1996). I doubt it will be long until it morphs on into further life forms. I noticed no new species this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment